It’s the last of 2016 and if you are reading this, then you agree with me that we have much to be grateful for. At the beginning of the year, I published my Big, Fat Hairy Goals and got varied reactions.The truth is, we can never know what we are capable of until we try. Click To Tweet
I immediately began to work.
Some of the goals were accomplished, others were not and some new ones came into play in the course of the year. Life happens.
But what I’ve come to learn is that, you don’t enter into a banquet hall without anything in mind to eat. You might just find out that you’d wander through tables, see the most amazing food spreads, be intoxicated by the tantalising aromas of different delicacies and still be hungry at the end of the day.
This cripples even the most creative minds.
I don’t know how 2016 went for you but next year can be different if you do this. Dream awake
In 2017, dream awake. Dream- let your mind explore possibilities and do it “awake”- take actionable steps.
Don’t let your big dreams die on the bed of indecision and laziness.
One striking lesson I’ve learned this year is that setting your mind on a goal opens up the many doors to getting it accomplished.
Like Paulo Coelho says,
When you want something, all the Universe conspires in helping you achieve it.
I would also add that God, as Master of the Universe, begins to engineer things to work in your favour.
So here’s how I fared in my goals for 2016
- I didn’t finish my Bible reading (cover-to-cover) but I got to Zechariah. *sadface*
- I used the Godfessions book and it really helped me when I was in my down times.
- I did my best to improve the look of the house and even managed to convince Le Hubs for some new coat of paint! Feels good to come home now.
- Raising godly children: I tried to be consistent in singing them a song and praying before bedtime. It’s heartwarming to see them kneel to pray, and sing songs of worship. Children really are a product of what you put into them.
- Date Nights: LOL. Sadly, this didn’t happen. Although we had times when we went out with the boys and talked while they played nearby. That’s something, right?
- I read a couple of books this year, not up to 2 books per month, though.
- Mental Development: This was really a big thing this year. I was involved in a group coaching for 90 days and that helped get me started on my book. I also was admitted into the IWOW (Inspired Women of Worth) Online mentoring and was paired with a mentor, Catherine Bickersteth and she was absolutely committed to pushing me to eat my fears and conquer new grounds. Lastly, through her, I got to accepted as a Cherie Blair Foundation Mentee. Whooop! Whoop! The session just started this November and would span for a year. I can’t wait to see what 2017 holds in that regard.
- Had a time off in August when I took out time to restrategize and be away from work. It really was a refreshing time.
This came as an unplanned surprise as the VIP Blog Writers Hub on Facebook was born in June. I got several requests from people asking how to make money blogging/writing online. We have over 460 members from different parts of the world and the workshop we held in Nov produced new online entrepreneurs. For that, I’m immensely thankful.
This didn’t come as expected but I wasn’t stranded. God indeed opened new doors of income.
So, over to you!
What lessons have you learned this year, or what remarkable thing are you grateful for?
In all, I’m super grateful for You, yes, you. I really mean it. See you next year. *hugsandkisses*