Mirror, Mirror on the wall
Who’s the fairest of us all?
This sure reminds you of the wicked Step Mother in the fairy tale, Snow White.
The woman was so obsessed by her beauty that she sought to remain the fairest of all women and did whatever it took to ensure that it never changed.
Today it’s not about the wicked Step mother and poisoned apples.
It’s about how you see yourself.
Your Self Esteem.
This image can be a healthy one, or a warped, distorted version. Giving you either a healthy Self Esteem or a Low Self esteem.
Research carried out by Dr Joe Rubino shows that 85% of people in the world suffer from low self esteem. That’s an astonishing number. It means that for every 5 people you see, 4 of them are suffering from one form of Low self esteem or the other.
It’s not far fetched because the signs are there. People with Low Self Esteem generally exhibit most or all of the following:
- Social withdrawal: this leads to a lack of social skills and self confidence
- Anxiety and emotional turmoil. Depression and/or bouts of sadness
- Eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia.
- Inability to accept compliments
- An Inability to see yourself ‘squarely’ – to be fair to yourself
- Accentuating the negative about yourself
- Exaggerated concern over what you imagine other people think
- Self neglect. This can be physical, in not caring about what you wear, or emotional, not caring how people treat you.
- Worrying whether you have treated others badly but treating yourself badly
- Reluctance to take on challenges
- Reluctance to put yourself first or anywhere.
- Reluctance to trust your own opinion
- Expecting little out of life for yourself.
Although there are people or events that shape us, it is out ultimate decision to own whatever label they throw at us.
The fact that your teacher told you that you were not smart doesn’t mean YOU actually are not smart.
You chose to believe it.
You saw yourself in that light.
And that explains why it has become a limit for you.What you say of yourself becomes your reality. You are the mirror, mirror on the wall. Click To Tweet
Few weeks ago, I hosted CoachKemi as she shared tips on how you can change your life by simply changing the way you think.
It’s all there in this video.
Watch it and thank me later!
PS: Please skip to 5:00, we had some techie issues and the audio disappeared. Hahaha. You can imagine that.